Monday, August 27, 2012

Red- Pieces

This song always warms my heart. In life, how hard I work, no matter how hard I try, I am not perfect. When I hear this song, I always think about how I always try to please my bosses, my teachers, my friends, my family, my girlfriend, but know that I will fall short sometimes. When I gather my sadness, my frustrations, my confusion and worry and lay them before Jesus, he makes me whole again. When I gave my life to christ my eyes were open to a new kind of love that i had never known before, an unconditional love. I screw up, I sin, I fall short of a lot of things, but I do not fall short of Gods love. I love this song because it speaks to my soul. It reminds me that i have done some stupid things in life, split into pieces of myself. Then, it reminds me that I am loved anyway. The piano and acoustic add the feeling of hope and longing for change in my life. Overall, the emotion in the singers voice is always encouraging. I sing along, and cry tears of joy, for I am loved by my creator. The built up intensity of the strings always gives me a warm feeling. This is because of the chords that are being played sound hopeful and it reminds me of my growing love for Jesus Ch

5 comments:

hsage0707 said...

Sam, I have never heard this song before until tonight. I am a fan of anything dealing with acoustics, so I instantly fell in love. Plus, I am a Christian, so this song means a lot to me too now. It makes me think of who I have become. I fall short in life sometimes, too, but I just build myself back up and I am proud of who I am today. I am a people-pleaser as well. I know exactly why this song makes you feel the way that you do; I can feel it too. Good blog!

Unknown said...

Wow while I began playing your song, I read your blog. It was really powerful to read what this song means to you and hear the intro as I read. Thank you for your blog, it was inspiring.

Manfred said...

A lot of people can relate to your blog. Not a big fan of this type of music but I see how it can mess with your emotions. Good blog.

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed listening to your song and reading your blog. You talk a lot about the emotion in the song and once I listened, I could definitely understand what you meant.

Unknown said...

This is the first time I listened to this song and it gets people thinking. Also, like you said no matter how hard anyone tries no one can be perfect!