Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Casey Veggies - Swag Worth a Mill

Swag Worth A Mill is a song by young rapper Casey Veggies. This isn’t my favorite rap song nor do I think it falls under the “best music” label but it does hold a special place in my brain and memories. I can listen to this song and think about the good times I had in Miami like when the Heat won the NBA championship and I was at the parade. It also reminds me of more emotional memories such as my senior year in high school, when my soccer team and I made it to State Finals and we didn’t come out with the victory. I can also recall memories with my family back home. This song also acts like a motivator for me, either for school or soccer. As soon as I put my earphones on and play this song, I can think of a variety of things and thoughts. It’s crazy how the brain can recognize the music and connect it with memories and feelings. The beat/rhythm and lyrics of this song is what really makes me like it a lot. Not so much the actual video, where the rapper is just showing what his lifestyle is like. The title of the song is also something I don’t relate to.

1 comment:

James Noble said...

I absolutely love this song. I can even remember where I was the first time I heard it. I was seeping and my friend Cory ran in my room and jumped on my. I wasn't eve, I just wanted to hear the song.