Sunday, August 26, 2012

My Kind of Crazy by Brantley Gilbert



This song really means a lot to me. I had never even heard of this song until a couple months ago. I started dating my boyfriend nearly four months prior to listening to this song. One day he and I were laying in his bed and he pulled me in close, raised his hand to meet my chin, and tilted my head upward until my eyes met his and he said, "Babe, I have a question to ask you." So I said, "Yeah?" That is when he said, "Have you ever heard My Kind of Crazy by Brantley Gilbert?" I had never heard it before so I just shook my head. He did not say a word; he sighed. I was beginning to wonder if it was a bad thing I had never heard of it before. Then he grabbed his phone, went to YouTube, searched it, and pressed the play button. As I watched the music video I could feel tears forming in my eyes. He said he dedicated this song to me because "I am his kind of crazy." It is a love song--I am a hopeless romantic--so being the sensitive girl that I am, I really took that to heart. I could hear this song a million times and never get sick of it. This song has such an emotional affect on me that if we were ever to break up and I heard this song, I would probably end up doing something stupid that would put me in harm's way. I love all the musical aspects that are put into this song. Yes, I love country and this is why it is the "best" type of music. I love the way Brantley Gilbert plays it on guitar. The beat of the drums in the background makes it just that much better. It is conjunct and peaceful. That is also why it is the best. I like music that can warm my heart. This is and always will be my favorite piece of music.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am not a big fan of country, but I know the feeling that Bradley has. My girlfriend and I have been together for 3 years and I have never Loved someone as much as her( other than Jesus). And to tell you the truth, she is my kind of crazy. I love her for who she is. And she is unique in her personality and in her love for the Lord. I can relate to this song. Good blog.

Unknown said...

I love this song. My boyfriend likes to sing along to these songs to me. Good song pick.

James Noble said...

I enjoy listening to this song. I dedicated "Whatever it is" by Zac Brown Band to her and she started crying, hugged me, and wouldn't let go.

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed listening to this song. Songs like this that you can relate to a certain memory are the best!

Unknown said...

I don't really listen to country but its a really good emotional song.