Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Queen-We Will Rock You



The song We Will Rock You by Queen is a song that really means a lot to me. All four years in high school, when I played basketball, we’d run out and then begin our warm up routine while that song played. It could really get everyone pumped up. Now whenever I listen to that song I not only remember standing there by the locker room with my teammates, looking out into the crowd,  waiting for that song to play that would signal us to begin running out, but I think of all the memories I had throughout the many years I had with basketball. Some great, some not so great. But the emotional affect that that song has on me is huge. It can make me sad and make me really miss those days and realize how fast they went by. But it can also make me happy, remembering all those amazing memories and relationships I’ve made through that sport. I feel like the there isn’t one genre that is necessarily the “best” music. However, I do think that for any music to be considered “the best” it has to have an effect on you. It could make you sad or happy, motivate you, or give you some hope, but somehow the song will have some effect. The song We Will Rock You has had all of those effects on me at some point or another, and I think it will stick with me forever, and remind me of those four years playing high school basketball.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What you say is true. The best music is the music that leaves an imprint on your heart. Depending on your style of music, background, ethnicity, and interests, all music means something to somebody. I also like this song.

hsage0707 said...

I like this song as well, Sadee. I was in volleyball in Jr. High and we played this song before our games, too, so I know what you mean when you say it can really get your blood pumping. I like the rhythm and the beat to this song because it naturally makes me want to tap along. I think everyone can agree to that. Good job.

James Noble said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James Noble said...

I really enjoyed reading your post. It reminded me of my middle school years playing basketball. Although we didn't run out to the same song, I definitely under stand what you mean about the emotional aspect of the song.

Unknown said...

Similarly to you this song takes me to a different place. One day while I was listening to this song, I thought to myself, gosh can you imagine when this song was first released? It must have been an anthem and still is today. It is your basketball anthem and my trip back in time anthem. Thanks for your thoughts!

Manfred said...

Everyone can agree this song is a classic. Good choice, the beat and lyrics make it a great song to get motivated to.