Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dancing through the ages!

This is a super hard blog for me to write because there is so many different musical eras that I like to dance to. I first favorite era begins with the 1930’s. This music appeals to me when I am feeling very affectionate. It takes me to a speak easy where I am dressed to the nines and no matter who is in the room the only person I care about is my dancing partner and he only has eyes for me. Then I transition to the 1940’s where we get a little bit more big band swing music. I love dancing to this music because I feel lively and full. Through the fifties I pretty much just like the songs that mimic big band and smooth and deep voices of the 30’s and 40’s. The 60’s are okay the best of the 60’s was Sam Cooke and he had some of his best hits in the late 50’s. I have a separation in the 70’s. I do not so much like to dance to the classic rock songs. However I do very much enjoy dancing to disco funk hits during the 70’s. As for the 1980’s we become introduced some pretty nasty hair and clothes, but I cannot deny that I like to whip it with the Devos and turn things upside down with Diana Ross. Now the 1990’s, for all of the students in the class the era that we were born in, lets be honest who doesn’t like to get down to big butts or simply pump… pump the jam. I know there are a few photos I would like to pump with dynamite a blow up from the nineties…. Gross! Now we move on to the 00’s which features and introduces a complete shift in dance styles. Of course I love to dance and get down and dirty like we all did or watched others do in junior high. Hey it wasn’t our faults the top hits were “My Humps” and featured sexy bootied women. Wait else were we to do. Well I guess we have the slower more meaningful songs but a little harder to dance to. Then it morphs to the pop music that blows up the radio now. It can be fun to dance to because you can totally make something up and somehow make it look okay and maybe possibly cool. I listen to most of music randomly and I adapt my dance and music according to the music, it is a time when I let loose and give into the style and era, it is my escape.

3 comments:

Manfred said...

I guess you had to make your last blog memorable.. Growing up with big butts and pump the jam was definitely not easy for us, I can tell it took a toll on your mind, haha. Good blog, you're going to have to introduce me to that 1930's-40's music.

Unknown said...

I liked the fact that you enjoy several different styles of music. good blog.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. I like how you talked about a multiple eras and what you think about each of them.