Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Music of All Sorts

When I dance, I am normally an event that is playing music and dancing is a way of celebrating for that occasion. I am typically at a dance club, a wedding, or a party. I love all kinds of music. Normally at a dance club, like Afterdark in Monmouth, they play rap, pop, hip-hop, and R&B. They play the types of songs that have a fast beat. One time when I went there, they were playing songs that influenced people to grind on others. At most of the weddings I have recently went to, they played traditional songs like the Cha-Cha Slide. They also played a lot of country music such as Amazed by Lonestar. Esentially they played a lot of love songs and songs that get people involved in the celebration, like the Cha-Cha Slide. At parties I go to, we just play country music. Some people will dance like morons if they have drank a little too much "mountain dew," but that just comes to show that dancing can be something people do when they are having a good time. Dancing allows people to let loose. Personally, I love slow songs. I do not like grinding and jumping around or doing funky dance moves when I dance. I would rather be slow dancing with my boyfriend to a song like Amazed by Lonestar so that I can look into his eyes and get wrapped in the moment. Different situations definitely call for different types of music. It would not be appropriate to play My Little Girl by Tim McGraw (a song about giving away a father's daughter) at a dance club.

4 comments:

James Noble said...

I guess we are completely opposites. I do kind of like grinding and i extremely enjoy jumping around and doing funky dances. But I also enjoy slow songs just not as much as faster ones.

Lorren Newingham said...

I am not a huge fan of grinding myself. Unless it is like the kind in dirty dancing. Haha. I unlike yourself do not like slow dancing unless it has a jazz feel.

Unknown said...

I dont like grinding any more. I always liked the cha cha slide though. good blog.

Unknown said...

I really agree with the statement "dancing allows people to let loose" you made. I definitely think dancing can get people in happier more cheerful mood.