Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dancing


The type of music I would put on or find appealing in a dancing situation definitely all depends on that particular situation. For example, if I was just at a party with some friends I would usually prefer to have a more upbeat style of music like hip hop or pop playing to dance to. These genres usually have songs with fast paced beats and easy to follow rhythms so they’re usually good songs to just have a lot of fun dancing to. Also these types of songs can make you in a more cheerful mood so maybe if you were not in the mood for dancing at first, you might be a little peppier after hearing a couple of these fast paced songs. But if the occasion I was putting on music for is more of a formal get together, like a wedding, for example I would play a mix of both upbeat and slow songs from genres like R&B, soft rock, alternative, or country.  These types of songs, at least lyrically, I feel, often have a deeper meaning to them than the more upbeat songs I talked about before. Often times they’ll tell stories having to do with love so these genres are definitely appropriate to dance to at something as special as a wedding.

2 comments:

Lorren Newingham said...

I love your blog because it talks about how music and dancing can change your mood. The music I want to listen to and dance to depends on the mood I am in and the mood I want to be in. I like to listen to my music randomly and go through the emotions with shuffle.

Unknown said...

I can connect with you on this. I would prefer something proper or beautiful to dance to if I am at a formal occasion. good blog.