Wednesday, September 5, 2012

last of the wilds: keltic ethnicity


The song is from the band Nightwish. The song has a lot of keltic influence in it, but is mixed with rock and some metal. You will hear a lot of different instruments like the bagpipe, violin, and drums which are a big part of keltic music. I love this song because it sounds so adventurous. When I hear this song, I sometime imagine myself running on the hills of Ireland or Scotland. I can really connect with this song because I have a heart for adventure and this song always gets me motivated to go and explore the wonders of the planet that God created. When I hear the bagpipe, I feel like there is more to experience in this life than just living. It makes me feel like we were made to enjoy adventure, love, joy, and peace with those around us and with those we love. Unfortunately, not every one feels this way so it is always hard to express yourself. The violin, one of my favorite instruments, sounds epic in this song. When it is played along side the electric guitar, my heart races every time.

1 comment:

James Noble said...

When I read this weeks blog the first song that jumped into my head was this one. I really enjoy this song because it does have the Irish feel and makes in sound really good