Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Casting Crowns: couragous

I love this song. This song talks about how how men put there life on the line every day as firemen, police officers, paramedics and any other dangerous job. This does not mean that women do not do these jobs. It just means that in today's society, men usually have the majority of these jobs. This song speaks to me because I plan on being a Police officer and own my own gym on the side. The lyrics explain that when we fear death, and we fear for the well being of the family if something happens, that turning to God in the midst of these storms is important. He will give us the strength and the courage to  do what needs to be done. He will also give us peace in knowing that he will take care of our loved ones. If a woman were to sing this song, I believe that the  occupations would be different to have the same effect as the original. My point is, we all have a role to play in life, some of us have not found it yet or just dont know, but God will always be there regardless if you believe or not. So have courage as a man, or a woman, in what you do because God is in control.

2 comments:

hsage0707 said...

I agree with you. If a woman were to sing this song, there would be an entirely new perspective. You are right, men typically do have these jobs. This song is definitely more masculine. I cannot really picture a female singing this. I do think the religious aspect would still be the same for the song and that would not change. God is always going to be here for all of us. Good blog.

Unknown said...

I agree good blog.