Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Clog Dance


This is a clog dance for tulip days in the Netherlands. Andre Rieu is a dutch violinist who makes this music for them to dance. I picked this video because I wanted to show how they celebrate their heritage.We don't celebrate it but a town next to me from home does by having dutch days in May. My grandmother is from Holland, so she loves tulips. My great grandfather would wear is clogs or wooden shoes till the day he passed away. This song has a mixture of instruments, of course the violin, the tap of the clogs, and many other shoes. This song shows joy and excited people there are.

3 comments:

hsage0707 said...

Wow! I really learned a lot of information about the Clog Dance. I think it is interesting how they express their happiness with their clogs. It would be really unique to see people from the town next to your home town have their celebration at Dutch Days. I am sorry about your grandfather. I bet this blog would have made him proud.

Manfred said...

I had heard about this type of dance but I didn't know what ethnicity it derived from or how it was danced. Looks fun but painful.

Unknown said...

I have heard about this type of music before but never really took the time to listen to it, it's a very unique and interesting style.