Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Most Intriguing Topic


This semester we have covered a lot of different topics, perspectives, and influences that are in music, not only today, but in the past as well and all around the world. As well as things I already knew, and didn't . As I was reading the prompt for this blog, I realized that there were a lot of things I enjoyed discussing about because I couldn't figure out what topic was my favorite exactly. At last, after reviewing and reading my old blogs, I decided that my favorite subject was “Is sex a required element in art?” One of the reasons why I like this topic best is because it is something you have to think about thoroughly. I remember having trouble writing this blog because I was trying to think about it any every, and any, perspective. Sex is a huge part of art in today’s society, as well as in past generations, but is it REALLY required or necessary to sell? At first, the answer was clearly yes to me but then I suddenly remembered about House Music. This type of music can be completely made of different sounds and/or beats without having any sexual content yet it sold and was listened to by millions of people all around the world. Another reason why I found this topic interesting and compelling is because it not only focused on music, like a lot of the other prompts, you had to also think about theater,  art, movies, and other types of entertainment that had or did not have sexual content. 

1 comment:

Lorren Newingham said...

I believe music is universal and crosses all boundaries. It was really enjoyable to learn your opinion on your favorite topic. This was also my favorite subject because of all the different perspectives it covered. This was a good blog to read because it was well thought out.