Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The impact of beliefs

In music, nobody is forced to sing about what they believe. In several cases, people don't. This doesn't mean they what they believe or not believe has no effect on what they wright. From personal experiences to religious beliefs, I think we can find a hint here and there every now and then. Should people with a certain belief sing music from other religions? They can if they want. My personal conviction is, if I want to live my life for Christ, I shouldn't sing or praise another God or Belief system. It make me feel uncomfortable. That is just how I feel. If I am listening to a christian piece sang by a Jewish singer, the song has not changed. the meaning behind the song has not changed, and depending on how well it is performed, it could sound pretty good. Why would someone sing a song from another religion? Some might do it for money or fame, and some might do it for media drama. This topic really depends on what you believe and what your personal convictions are.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't necessarily feel the same way on all the things you talked about but I can definitely see where you're coming from. Good blog

Manfred said...

I agree that the meaning behind a christian song, that is sung by a Jewish singer, wouldn't change the meaning of it.