Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wonderful town

The musical that I chose is Wonderful Town. Wonderful Town was originally a book written by Joseph A. Fields. The musical follows the story of Ruth and Eileen Sherwood who travel from Columbus Ohio to New York City in search of love and fortune. Ruth, a journalist and her sister Eileen, who is in showbiz, encounter many interesting citizens in the big city. The story is about their crazy adventures in the city as Ruth searches for a good story that will land her a high paying job, while Eileen searches for love an a major role in the local shows. The only stereotype that are imbeded in the musical is The New Yorker accent. The idea of the musical is pretty easy to follow. The majority of the music in the show is swing dance. Alot of piano and brass music as well.  I think that it fits the show perfectly since Eileen is trying to find a showbiz role in Old New York City. I have not only seen this show, I have played a role in it. In highschool, I played the supporting role of the football player named the Wreck. The wreck was one of the tenants that was staying in the apartment complex that  Ruth and Eileen moved into. So, his story frequently intertsecs with theirs.  The Musical is quite enjoyable to watch and to be a part of. It has energy throughout the whole show complete with fun songs to sing and dance to. My favorite part of the Musical was probably my solo. When watching the musical, I would say the whole performance was hilarious. The story is captivating and the humor was high.

3 comments:

hsage0707 said...

I do not think this musical would be a very interesting one unless I had a part in a play for it, like you did. Good blog though. It just does not seem like one I would enjoy.

James Noble said...

This play sound pretty interesting and I actually would like to go see it.

Unknown said...

I have never heard of this musical before, but the way you described it sounds like it'd be a really entertaining show