Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Music and the Easiest One for Me to Discuss.

This has been a very informative half of a semester. Not only has it been informative but, it has been interesting. So interesting that it is the highlight of my day, yes its true and no I am not brown nosing. There are so many things about music that I had never even thought of. After what we have learned there are a lot of things I now ask myself when I am listening to music so I can analyze the song. Most importantly, I realized that I was just hearing the music and not listening to the music. Observing and analyzing is one of my favorite things to do. With that being said my favorite topic was Music and Gender. It is much easier to analyze Music and Gender today because of lyrics and music video. I am not a person who is well versed in music and its history and development. Naturally, it is much easier for me to understand how gender affects music because I have been exposed to gender every day. Personally, I cannot pick up on the different instruments and tones and decipher spirituality or ethnicity. I believe a person has to have a little bit of background with those subjects to understand the topic. For an average Joe like me all I need are lyrics or a music video and I can pick out some gender influences on music. Not only is it an easy topic to discuss it is also a topic that is evident in aspects of our daily lives.

1 comment:

James Noble said...

I completely agree with you. Gender is really the easiest one to see and understand.