Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Political boundaries.

I would have to say that a political boundary is the existing line that seperates states and counties. I would also have to say that a political boundary is also the rules, regulations, ans laws that control what the country or community is able to do, say, and believe. An example of a political boundary from the past is the Louisiana Purchase. At the time, the United State's purchase of Louisiana was considered unconstitutional. Thomas Jefferson went ahead and made the purchase in order to remove Frances presence in the region and to protect the United States trade access point to the port of New Orleans and free passage on the Mississippi River. Before the purchase, the political boundaries of the U.S. stopped at the state line around Louisiana which was considered French territory. After the purchase, our political and social views were able to influence the lifestyle in the community that lived within Louisiana. Now, I do believe that we should be careful who we hand leadership over to. I believe that the united states laws are becoming more and more  complex and that we are in danger of having our values devalued, our lifestlyles controlled and our believes locked away under law. Thats just me though. Areas that will always clash between political boundaries and Ethnics is tradition. With laws changing and new limits set, things that we have always felt were right are now wrong in the eyes of the Man Made law. Example, Faith in school or in public.

3 comments:

hsage0707 said...

I see where you are coming from, Sam. I think the Louisiana Purchase was a great example to write about. I would have never thoguht of that!

Lorren Newingham said...

I agree that this was a good topic for this blog. How sad that this had some true political and historical value and the only thing I can remember from grade school was that Thomas Jefferson was mocked. His critics called this the, "Ice Box Purchase" if I recall correctly. I feel that the laws are very complex and as a society we are trusting certain people to understand them for us. I fear that the people we are trusting are not always the most trustworthy people. Good blog and inputs.

James Noble said...

I agree with Hayle I can see what your talking about. I though about writing about this originally but never looked further into it after i thought of Ireland.