Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The best topic


Ethnicity had the whole race thing going for it and it was extremely compelling but was not my favorite. The complete section on spirituality was interesting but is still is not my top pick. If I had to pick a favorite topic so far in this class it would be gender and being more specific sex in gender as well as society. I find this section intriguing because of the touchy subjects that went along with it. Take sexism for example. When we all started in on that there was a big class discussion and everyone seemed to have an opinion on the matter and that made it compelling for me. Another example is when we watched the Lady GaGa music video and it all struck us in a different way. That for me was a little bit scary and I do not think I am going to ever watch it again. The reason I picked this specific section is because I really enjoyed looking from the past till now and seeing how the use and view of sex have changed as well as there effect on society. Sex is major part of our culture anymore and seeing its evolution is really interesting. Sex in-companies advertising, movies, music, television, art, and a thousand and one other things in society today. But then again it wasn't always like this and I cant wait to see what changes come about in the next 50 years.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you and found that topic really intriguing as well.

hsage0707 said...

As Sadee mentioned I also agree with both of you and it make me go and look into it more in depth